Sunday, April 14, 2013

SINHUAY HAS BRACES POST 1.

Like what the title saysssss! I have braces now. I still find it a little unbelievable that I have braces man. It is not something big or amazing, but to me, I have never thought that I will have braces in my entire life even though I have always find it cool. :)

In case you are wondering why I need braces. Here are a few photos of my teeth.






My problem with my teeth was GAPS. Even though it is not that obvious if you don't pay much attention to my teeth, it is something that has been bothering me a lot. I want a nice smile, instead of teeth with gaps. You see.



If you take a closer look at the photos, you will find that the gap is a little bit big. I have gaps on the top front tooth and bottom front tooth.
I have always asked my parents whether there is any solution to this. One cool fact is that I have the same teeth as my mum. She has the gaps too.


Yeah, her gap is much bigger than mine though.

Okay so, my dad was nice enough to bring me to the dentist about 1 month ago. We went to two dental clinic and decided on doing braces at the one opposite my house. The cost is around $3500 excluding x-ray which was around $100 plus.

We got an appointment for the following week and that is when we went to consult the dentist and know more about what can be done. I did xray and the dentist (pretty good looking but married) did the mould and took photos of my teeth. That's for the first dental appt.

For the second appt, that is when I have decided to do braces. He explained more about my teeth condition and told me that I was the lucky few whom have wisdom tooth that is growing perfectly fine and I don't need any extractions at all. Speaking of wisdom tooth, that day, my mum said something pretty fun. She said: I rather have no wisdom than to have a wisdom tooth. That woman ah. agh

The next thing he did, he put spacers inside my mouth.


Spacers are supposed to seperate the teeth to make space for the molar ring. I had them for like 11 days and they hurt at first. I had trouble biting and eating though, and I was pretty sad because I could't eat yummy food.

For my third appt, which was 11th April 2013 (thursday), a day I have been looking forward to because I am finally getting my braces. Yay. The entire process took about an hour. The dentist did cleaning for my teeth, put in the molar ring, string, etc and I had to choose a colour! I wanted light blue, but in the end, I wasn't sure so the dentist suggested some dark blue. AND HERE YOU GO!


11th april before braces


first photo of my bracessssss











GEEK LOOK WITH SPECS. YAY HUIZEE







and a photo with my friend!

OKAAAAIZ, so many photos of my face. I am glad my braces doesn't hurt that much as compared to others and I don't really have ulcers growing, only a few cuts! But the troublesome thing is after every meal, I always have lots of food stuck in my mouth and I still have trouble biting for now! OKKKKAY. CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE NICE TEETH.

It's 4.23am now. oh crap man my body clock is still screwed one day before school starts. goodnight world.

No comments:

Post a Comment